Monday, February 13, 2006

We've got a heartbeat!

We are into Week 12 now and things are going really well. I have been a bit nauseous (as is usual) but other than that doing very well. Ben and I were able to both go to my first visit with our CNM (Certified Nurse Midwife) and it was a really special visit as we were able to hear the heartbeat for the first time!

Our little one was very hard to find at first and the beats that we did hear were fleeting, but it was enough to bring huge smiles to both of our faces! Ben assured me that this little one has a "Sandler heart" and that means it will be a nice strong heart. His family is known for having big, strong hearts.

We are doing really well otherwise. Ben is working so hard as a FedEx Ground driver and I am still enjoying my beautiful and fun job at a local interior design firm. I intend to keep working throughout the pregnancy and I think things will go well as my job is very condusive to my being pregnant. We are hanging on though for the ride that is ahead. We have decided that I will stop working altogether when the baby comes, although in a few months after Bun's arrival, I will attempt to start piano lessons up again.

We've decided to make the piano/computer room into the Bun's room and then try to clean out as much extraneous stuff as we can. We'll be a tight little family, but it will be wonderful - I can't wait!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog is really sweet ; it makes me smile even without pictures yet. You will probably keep even better records than I did in your baby book, Ellie.

Kelly said...

I'm so glad you started a blog, Ellie & Ben. I'm excited to keep up with your budding family. :)